November 8, 2019

Tax planning is for Everyone

Get ready today to file your federal income tax return next year.

Adjust your withholding or make a tax payment:

If you received a smaller refund than expected or owed an unanticipated tax bill this year, consider  adjusting your withholding to help protect against having too little tax withheld and facing an unexpected tax bill or penalty at tax time next year. Or, you may prefer less tax withheld up front and receive more in your paycheck.

Take these actions to get ready for next year:

Use the Tax Withholding Estimator to help make sure you have the right amount of tax withheld from your paycheck, pension or other income.

Submit a new  Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate to your employer to change withholding.

Pensions or Annuity Income:

If you receive pension or annuity income, you can use the results from the estimator to complete a Form W-4P, Withholding Certificate for Pension or Annuity Payments and give it to your payer.

People with this income who also have income from a job may want to adjust the amount of tax your employer withholds from your paycheck.

Form 1040-ES

Estimated Tax for Individuals:

Some taxable income is not subject to withholding including self-employment and gig economy income.  

Make estimated or additional tax payments now if the tax withheld from your salary, pension or other income doesn’t cover the 2019 income tax that you’ll owe for the year.  

Let us help you get ready for year end.

IPS Accounting Services & Consulting

Helping You Find The Road to Financial Growth

(843) 637-7100

One Reply to “Tax planning is for Everyone”

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Tags: , , , , ,
Finance WordPress Theme By ThemesEye Powered By WordPress